Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Stars At Night, Are Big And Bright...

You know the rest.

But, dam! Austin is such a great time! I'll never get sick of having to go there. And when your hotel is on 5th Street, that's a recipe that will always end up in complete out of control drunken debauchery.

Good times!

And when the bartender is easily mistaken for Jessica Simpson, "Why yes mam, I'll certainly have another beer. And be sure to come back and check on me every 5 minutes. Wait. That's way too long. I can drink beer faster than that."

The temperature dropped into the 40's at night, but that didn't keep the female talent from donning mini skirts and showing as much leg as possible. I mean come on! I kept asking around if there happened to be a Victoria's Secret photo shoot tonight.
I was in jeans and a sweatshirt and I might have been cold, but obviously I couldn't complain.

Sorry, I made a huge rookie mistake and failed to bring a camera down 6th Street. But I can assure you, if you've never been to Austin and spent the weekend on 6th Street, you haven't lived. It's a cleaner version of Bourbon Street. It's a mini Vegas minus the gambling. It's like the Village in NYC minus the stiff drink prices.

College Gameday was in town for the Red River Rivalry of basketball-Oklahoma in town to play the Longhorns. As the no. 2 team in the nation, all that was standing in the way of a no. 1 ranking for the Sooners was bitter rival Texas.


Texas took the lead early, and All World Blake Griffin was smacked in the nose and never returned to the game, diagnosed with a mild concussion. At the time, I wasn't sure of the injury. All I could tell was that Griffin had a bloody nose. However the look on his face was more telling as Griffin was in a complete daze. He sat on end of the bench for the rest of the game not even watching the play on the court. The guy was completely out of it.

Even with Griffin out, Oklahoma stormed back from a double digit deficit to take the lead in the second half. But Texas sensation A.J. Abrams decided to make it rain by scoring 16 straight points over the final 8 minutes.

Enjoy the pictures. Mack Brown was in the house, so was Colt McCoy (along with Mrs. Colt McCoy, and former Longhorn football standout Roy Williams. And of course Dickie V. and Erin Andrews along with little sis.

Mrs. Colt McCoy




EA's sister.























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They sure do raise 'em right in Texas! Thanks.

Mac G said...

The best unheralded blog in America, Tree's Trunk.