Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tree Links



Now that I have your undivided attention...

Since it's the official start of summer, I'll start with the most visited tourist attractions in the United States.

Keeping with the theme, here's the weirdest attractions in the country, yes, literally the back roads. You know, if you happen to be road tripping through the U.S. and get caught in the middle of nowhere-the World's largest Ball of Twine, Carhenge, etc.

If you are currently unhappy with your place of residence? Here's the top 10 places to live in the U.S. I still will never see my ass moving to Tulsa.

I'm a huge fan of The Simpsons'. One of the consistent themes of the show has been its opening "Couch Gag" feature. This may be my all time favorite, evolution played out by Homer Simpson.

OK, let me really get your attention. 790 The Sports Animal here in Houston has a pretty cool website. Any website kicks ass when they feature the Thong of the Day!

What the deuce is up with the offensive production in the National League? With Chipper Jones and Lance "Big Puma" Berkman both flirting with the impossible notion of hitting .400, Sports Illustrated shows off its gallery of players who have flirted with .400 since 1980. Do you remember Carney Lansford?

Gotta give a shout out to my boy Johnny Utah, Smoking Trees in Belize. Nice post on some of the coveted intangibles in college football. Really like how Utah gives props to Cornhusker football and Boyd Epely.

Here's an early look at the American League voting for the MLB All Star Game at Yankee Stadium. Funny how the AL starters will all be either Yanks or Bosox.

Some great reads:

Sports Illustrated finally has a worthy Point After column since the exit of Rick Reilly. Chris Ballard asks, what if the sporting world was actually honest?

Also, I'm sure you all are aware of Big Daddy Balls, but his "Balls Deep" weekly article never ceases to humor. Always superb writing and worth checking out. This one's about being East Coast biased.

And the fact of women becoming regulars on covering sports, I couldn't have said it better myself. The best quote ever, "Choke on my ball hair!" If there's anyone who I've never met that I would most like to hang out with, it's Big Daddy Balls.

No comments: